Club Permit Scheme

The Mercedes-Benz Club of Victoria has been authorized by VicRoads to operate the Club Permit Scheme (CPS) for veteran, classic, historic and street rod vehicles.

You must also refer to the VicRoads website for more information about CPS

Mercedes-Benz Club of Victoria requirements for the Club Permit Scheme are:

  • Applicants must be and remain financial members of the Mercedes-Benz Club of Victoria.
  • Cars on the Club Permit Scheme must be registered in the name of the member.
  • Members may include one only car of another marque as long as at least one Mercedes-Benz is either fully registered or retained in CPS under their membership.
  • The Member MUST advise the CPS Officer ( of the assigned CPS registration number and of any future changes to the registration of the vehicle.

New CPS application

The initial application for the CPS must be accompanied by the following:

  • A current Roadworthy Certificate from an authorised person, not more than thirty days old from date of issue.
  • A completed VicRoads Club Permit Application form.
  • A completed VicRoads Vehicle eligibility and standards declaration for club permit vehicles form.
  • Any other documentation required by VicRoads, like the Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme (VASS) for modified cars.
  • A one-off non-refundable Application fee of $50 for each vehicle.
  • A receipt/ticket for the $100 deposit for each vehicle submitted through the TryBooking MBCV CPS application deposit site:
  • Before mailing any documents, contact the nominated CPS Officer when making the first CPS application for your vehicle. The CPS Officer is also available to sign your documents at the monthly General Meeting.
  • Send only good quality digital photographs as set out below. Fuzzy, low quality or unfocused images will delay your application.
  1. Photos to include an A4 sized sheet written with the current date and member’s name (in large block letters) placed on the vehicle
  2. The following photographs must be submitted: front, driver’s side, rear, driving position (side on with the driver’s door open)
  3. Vehicle identifiers: VIN and/or chassis numbers; engine number (where possible)
  4. Email these images AS ATTACHMENTS (NOT embedded in the email) – to (Please note these photos must be approved by the CPS Officer before your VicRoads application form can be approved and signed)
  5. Hard copy photos will NOT be accepted
  • Once the signed VicRoads forms are returned to the member, the member then submits these with the RWC and the relevant fee to VicRoads for CPS registration.
  • The TryBooking $100 deposit is fully refunded after the CPS Officer ( is advised of your assigned CPS permit number. The Club will process refund(s) as soon as practical after being advised of your CPS permit number. The $100 deposit is forfeited if you do not advise the Club of your CPS permit number within three months.
  • It is the responsibility of the member to advise the Club Registrar of any future changes to that permit number.

Procedure for new CPS registration

The renewal process

  • When renewing a CPS, please contact any Club Signatory to discuss your renewal before mailing any documents. If sending by mail to the Club Signatory, please include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
  • Once the signed VicRoads forms are returned to the member, the member then submits these with the relevant fee to VicRoads for CPS registration.
  • Please contact VicRoads directly if your CPS renewal form is not received in time.

Procedure for CPS registration renewal

When sending an application or renewal to the CPS Officer or Club Signatory, please include a stamped self-addressed envelope. Do not mail your application directly to the Club address or the Club Secretary as it will delay the application process considerably.

Contact details for the CPS Officer and Authorised Signatories can be found at the back of each issue of the Club magazine.